Learn how to be more disability confident
Enabling people to move from disability awareness to disability confidence is an important part of building an inclusive workplace and improving customer service.
Developed in partnership with Business Disability Forum (BDF), this training solution provides best practice guidance for working with disabled customers and colleagues.
Would staff in your organisation know the right way to deal with a customer or colleague who has a physical or visual impairment, or has mental health issues?
Would they be able to deal with them comfortably and confidently, or would they feel awkward or embarrassed and be afraid of doing or saying the wrong thing?
This learning resource provides the practical steps you need to take in order to serve disabled customers, and to work with disabled colleagues and staff.
Developed in partnership with Business Disability Forum (BDF), this course combines original drama with powerful personal testimony from people with a range of disabilities and insight from the experts to show the practical steps you need to take in order to provide effective service for disabled customers and support disabled colleagues and staff.
This course will give a better understanding of:
- the advantages of being disability confident
- why we may need to challenge our attitudes to disability
- the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 with regards to disabled people
- the most appropriate ways to work with disabled colleagues and how to communicate with and serve disabled customers
- the types of ‘reasonable adjustments’ that need to be made for staff and customers with disabilities
- the importance of promoting appropriate behaviour in relation to deliberate bullying and harassment
- the knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully as part of a diverse team.
The experts involved in the development of this learning activity include
- Dr Ossie Stuart – Equality Consultant
- Susan Scott- Parker OBE – Chief Executive, Business Disability Forum
Ask a Work Place Learning Centre Expert about how we can tailor this e-learning resource to meet your exact needs.
Work Place Learning Centre experts will work with you to create a learning activity that includes whatever you need, your corporate branding, references to your policies and procedures, using your corporate language, non English language versions.
You name it, this learning resource really can be tailored to meet the exact requirements of the learning need that you want to address.
Simply ask a Work Place Learning Centre Expert for more information.
This Learning Programme can be purchased as part of a range of different learning solutions.
Option 1 - As a stand-a-lone Learning Programme.
Option 2 - As part of an annual training plan
Option 3 - As part of blended learning solution with learning resources selected from across the Work Place Learning Centre catalogue.
Option 4 - As part of a trainer led learning experience, in which a Work Place Learning Centre trainer shows you how to utilise the Learning Programme to create value adding learning experiences that impact bottom line performance.
If you would like to discuss the various purchase options available with this Learning Programme, please save it to your basket and one of the Work Place Learning Centre advisers will contact you.